Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cleaning the Wound

I had a bike crash yesterday. Something dirty got under my skin. Fearing pain, I only did a superficial wash and applied some antibiotics.

Unfortunately, this morning, I discovered that the site is swollen with pus coming out---a clear sign of ongoing infection. I had to cut open the wound and thoroughly clean it with a scrub. It was quite painful.

I knew I could not just bury those things away. I need to clean it eventually, and it gonna be more painful if I do it later. But I was too much of a wimp to cut it open and clean it yesterday. I am not even sure if I cleaned it thoroughly enough today.

2 comments:

  1. that mentality takes over us a lot, doesn't it.

    but you've been getting so many injuries. sending my condolences... and hope you quick recoveries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! paradoxically but expectedly, as I get better in biking, I get into accidents more often...

      Delete