Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Revelation of blogging

Blogging is a tiring activity. Each time I write on a topic, it often takes me about seven hours. It is forming an opinion that sucks all the time away--the actual writing (as I do not polish them) once I formed an opinion, is quick and brisk. I always need to read extensively on the topic, trying to get a more comprehensive understanding of all relevant details so as to come to a judgement. Most often, under scrutiny, most issues defy an easy judgement, at least not one that is simple to state. Consequently, I blog quite seldom.

However, I form opinions all the time about things I hear and see. Most likely, I fail to do the kind of research that I do for my blogs.  It is often that when writing a blog that I changed my opinions, sometimes even reversed them. Then how do I form an opinion in daily life? I guess prejudice, bias, and sloppy thinking all creep in. This problem of sloppy thinking, I fear, haunts most people. Probably, we should be a little bit more cautious when voicing our "opinions", at least I do not wish to be embarrassed by them later in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment